Second Trimester Stories

Laura’s Story

As I sit down to write this, my heart is broken. Today would have been our daughter’s due date. Chloe was born 4 ½ months into my pregnancy.
My husband, Rick, and I tried for over a year to have a baby. Our doctor eventually ran some tests and put me on Clomid. We tried that about six months without success. We just seemed to have one disappointment after another. Eventually, our doctor referred us to a fertility specialist. We tried Clomid again for another three months with an intrauterine insemination. Still no success. We then switched to Fertinex. The second try with Fertinex, and we were finally pregnant. We were so excited. We couldn’t wait to share our good news with our families and friends that had supported us the last two years.

My pregnancy was pretty uneventful. I felt great. No morning sickness at all. Then at 16 weeks, I started spotting. I immediately called the doctor. I was told to stay off my feet, lay on my left side and do nothing. We were both so scared. I couldn’t believe this was happening. The bleeding stopped the same day. I didn’t start spotting again until the end of that week. This time I went into the doctor’s office to hear the heartbeat. It was very strong. Again, I was told bed rest for a few days. The bleeding again stopped the same day. The following week I started spotting again, called the doctor and they scheduled an ultrasound for the same day. We went in, heard the heartbeat, and the ultrasound was fine.

They could not find any reason for the bleeding. We were so glad we had the ultrasound. We didn’t know it at the time, but this was the only time we would see our child alive. We even remembered to bring a videotape with us to our appointment. We had a very active child.

Two days later I had my regular check up and was told I could go back to work, just take it easy. The next day, I started bleeding more heavily. I called the doctor again, and was told to just stay in bed. I was so emotionally raw at this point, I could not stop crying. I could not understand why I was bleeding when they couldn’t find anything wrong.

Early the next morning I woke up with cramps, lower back pain and more bleeding. I woke up my husband, and we called the doctor. He suggested we go into the emergency room if we felt the cramps and bleeding were bad enough. We went in, and heard the heartbeat right away. That seemed to ease our minds a little, but we were still so scared. The ER doctor did a vaginal exam. We were told everything was fine. I was sent for another ultrasound, everything was fine again. We were then sent home, with instructions for bed rest. We just prayed that everything would be okay.

The next day, late afternoon, the cramps, back pain and bleeding started again, coming every few minutes. This time they were much worse. I was so scared and so uncomfortable, I just couldn’t stop crying. We called the doctor again, and he suggested that it might be a kidney stone or kidney infection. He told us to go to the hospital right away. This was our first pregnancy, so we didn’t realize I was in labor, plus it was too soon. By this time, I was in so much pain, and I was nauseated. Rick pulled me off the bathroom floor and got me into the kitchen just as I threw up and my water broke. Rick called 911 for help. They wanted him to get me to the hospital on his own. We didn’t realize until I started to undress that we had lost our child. We both just screamed when we saw our daughter. I was just hysterical. Rick was able to wrap her in a towel and get me to the floor before I passed out. He called 911 again, and they sent help. I was in shock. Rick was too, but he was so strong for me. I don’t know what I would do without him. He never left my side.

The hospital was very sympathetic. They did whatever they could to help us.  Our hospital has a support program called Resolve Through Sharing for parents who have lost children.  One of the nurses cleaned our daughter up and brought her back for us to hold.  They wanted us to have a better memory of her than what we had already seen.  We then named her Chloe Jo.  She was so small, just 6 ½ ounces.  Rick and I just cried and held our Chloe.

I was then scheduled for a D&C right away.  The hospital arranged to have a memorial service after my D&C.  Rick’s parents and sister were there and my sister was there also.  My parents were in Oregon and wouldn’t be home for several days.

When we went to the doctor for a check up after losing Chloe, we were told I probably had an incompetent cervix.  Also, there was an inflammation in the placenta.  We also found out that when we were in the ER and they did the vaginal exam, I had already started to dilate.  Unfortunately, we were never told any of this.  If only the doctor would have told us, maybe we would have made it to the hospital sooner, and I wouldn’t have delivered Chloe the way I did.

In the past few months, I have met three wonderful women who have also had miscarriages.  We meet about once a month to just talk and give support to one another. I’m not sure where I would be without them.  It has been good for me to talk with my new friends and know that they understand. 

So here I am now, five months after losing our daughter.  I think I am stronger, but I’m still sad and still ask why.  I will probably never know the answer to that question.  We started trying to have another baby last month.   The waiting is hard, but somehow we manage to get through it.  We just pray for God to give us the strength to go on. Chloe will live in our hearts forever and she is never far from our thoughts.

Laura, Chloe’s mom



Lisa and Edward Montalvo
Cleveland, Ohio

I had a miscarriage a few weeks ago in January 2000.  This was my second pregnancy, and once again I lost my little boy, this time at 19 weeks.  

This was especially hard because after our first loss, where the doctors found no baby in the sac, my husband got thyroid cancer and spent a lot of time in surgery and treatment. When he was finally cancer-free for two years, we were told we could try again.

I had an ultra sound at 17 weeks and saw the baby. Everything was fine, so at Thanksgiving we told everyone at the dinner table what we were thankful for. Needless to say everyone was overjoyed and close to tears of happiness for us. Then, right after the new year, everything came crashing down.

I delivered the baby in the emergency room, and the doctors rushed him out of the room. They said he had some facial deformities, perhaps caused by chromosomes. I feel so shameful now that I couldn’t even bring myself to see my little boy, although my husband briefly saw the baby. We were told to have an autopsy done to see what the cause was. I’m scared to even read this report when it is available.

Our family keeps saying to try again after awhile and this was God’s plan, but I’m not ready to hear this now. Soon, I hope, but not now.

Heather Penner

After five years of trying to conceive, we finally had two healthy children, so it came as a complete surprise to us to learn that our third baby had died at about 16 weeks. I had felt very faint movements at around 15 weeks, but they did not increase, and so I was a bit anxious when we went for our 18-week ultrasound.

The technician was very kind, and after taking all the measurements she broke the news to us that our baby had died. She showed us his head and where his heartbeat should be. The news was devastating, but one thing was clear to me. After being given all our options I knew I could not undergo any of the procedures that were offered. I would wait until the baby delivered naturally. My husband agreed, and we spent the waiting time planning.

We wanted to deliver at home, so we would have lots of time with him and not be rushed. We decided to have a small service for him, feeling that we needed to share his short life with our friends, and to do for him the same as we would do for our other children. Since we are military and have no connections with the city in which we now live, we decided to have the body cremated, so we could later take him and bury him where we eventually settled down. These decisions were so difficult, but I am thankful for the time we had in which to make them, and am glad we did things as we did. Two weeks later, 20 weeks into the pregnancy, there were still no signs of labor, so we decided to let the doctor induce me. That too was a most difficult decision, and I shed many tears in the doctor’s office before agreeing to go ahead. Our son, Isaac, was born at 11:50 pm on March 15, 1999. He was 6 1/2 inches long and weighed a mere 3.2 oz. He was perfectly formed and I marveled at his tiny fingers and toes, complete with nails.

We spent about four hours with him. I will always treasure the memory of holding his hand as I slept. This is something I have done with all my newborns, and it was very special to be able to do this with Isaac as well.

Though we will never know with certainty what took Isaac’s life, circumstances point towards a cord accident. The following weeks and months held many surprises. I had no idea that the grieving would be so difficult. We have no family in the area, and just a few friends. I found support on an e-mail list where I met many wonderful ladies who had been just where I was. During the months of grief I found most of my comfort came directly from God. I had known Him all my life, but He had became more real and more present than I had ever known Him before. If it had not been for His sustaining grace, I am sure I would not have found the peace I so needed during that time. He gave me comfort for the present and hope for the future. After losing Isaac I wanted to conceive again right away. I just needed to be pregnant again. After becoming pregnant in June, I discovered this too would be difficult. Facing another pregnancy now that I knew first hand the sorrow of losing a baby, brought a whole new set of fears to me. But God has sustained me through this as well. The new baby has given me such hope. We are now anxiously awaiting the arrival of our new baby girl, and plan to name her accordingly: Kathleen Hope. We are so thankful for this new baby and praise God daily for giving her to us. But we will never forget Isaac, and hold his memory very near to our hearts. My five-year-old daughter often talks of her brother Isaac, which warms my heart and helps keep his memory alive. We know that one day, when we are all together in Heaven, our family will finally be complete.

“But I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11)Heather Penner

Update: Heather’s baby girl was born on March 4, 2000. Both Mom and baby are doing well.


Feel free to add your Second Trimester Story in the comments to share your experiences with other women and help us learn about the many ways we endure and cope with our loss.

74 thoughts on “Second Trimester Stories

  1. I lost my baby at 6months pregnant.I was in the bath tub 1 day and something of a funny color came out of me I called my mom cause at the time I was only (17) &my mom told me it maybe discharge and to tell the doctor cause I had a doctors apt the next day at 8:45am well I was having stomach pains all that day and I decided to lay down and just tell my doctor the next morning so I went to the restroom and the had some spotting and decided to gothoght everything was ok after the tol me they where just going to stich me up cause I was dialating and send me home.But I had to go to another hospital to receive those stitches well when I arrived to the other hospital the man told e I was having a misscaruage and that my baby was brich the man did not give me an option to have a c section at all he just put me in a room to the ER and when I arrived I was told to pee in a cup well when I went to the restroom to do so In had my baby well he pulled her out of me while I was swuatting and that was then end of it that really tore me up cause my baby girl so devloped more than i thoght she even had hair i wish tht doc would have did more to try and save her my life have not been comelete since that happend to me..Iwas also able to keep my baby in the room with me for a day I cried for about two weeks couldnt sleep but i havea supportive family who help me get tgrew it and with god st soooo muand ch bloood in my pants and I immediately called the doctor and they gave me a sonnogram andthpght eve my baby girl was movibgand being very active as always tried to use it well as I was pushing something didn’t feel right.So I

  2. Chanell
    I know what its like to loose a baby at that stage as well and its not easy at all,Maybe it would be good to talk to somebody else how you feel i’m sure every country have support groups available.
    should try and find one in your area because it helps being able to talk to somebody who feels like you do.Because nobody understands like another women who has been threw what you are going threw at the moment.Even talking to your doctor is good mine really helped me because i blamed myself , i have gone threw two 2nd trimester miscarriaged both at 16 weeks . Be strong and i hope everything goes good for you rememeber it takes time to heal from a loss :)Take care

  3. My third pregnancy started out so joyous. I had been lucky to have two beautiful kids with no difficulties getting pregnant. I was so relaxed about getting pregnant with our third child and went in at 8 weeks for first appointment and sonogram- everything was great. We went in again for a regularly scheduled 12 week appt and sono and saw our beautiful little boy dancing, with a strong heartbeat of 167. We were so happy. We waited excitedly for our anatomy scan at 18w5d. I was happy, and healthy and progressing just as I had with the other two pregnancies.

    March 5, 2013
    When the sono tech put the wand on my belly, I thought for a second that Andrew was really sleeping soundly, cradled at the bottom of my uterus. He looked like a cat all curled up. When she moved the wand and he didn’t move, I started to get concerned. My boyfriend casually said,”Wake him up, Mama.” He had no idea what was going on. I asked the tech if she saw a heartbeat and she stated Andrew was just in a weird position. I asked her to doppler for a heartbeat and she kept saying it was his position. I started to cry and my boyfriend said,”Elizabeth, what’s going on?” He was holding our daughter in his arms and did not know what to do. At that moment, the senior sonogram tech (whom I have known for over ten years) came in and asked what was going on. I said,”Joe please!” He sat down and put the wand on for about 3 seconds and stood right back up. He looked so sorrowful and told us there was no heartbeat. I just wailed. I know it was so loud because my daughter started screaming and I couldn’t stop. My boyfriend took her out of the room and it was just Joe and I. I kept saying,”Oh, Joe, no. Oh, no.” He was so kind and he called my doctor to get me into a room as soon as possible.

    My doctor hugged me when he came in and offered for us to go home or go to the hospital. I couldn’t imagine going home…for what? To lay down and cradle my dead child in my body? All I wanted to do was hold him in my arms and wish him back to life. It was such a confusing time.

    After 12 hours of labor, I delivered my sweet baby boy, Andrew. He looked so perfect to me. I cried and cried and cried. I thought surely I have no more tears left. Then I cried for days and days. I beat on the pillows of my bed; I screamed,”I want him back!” over and over; I wailed at the injustice; but mostly, I blamed myself. I have had such a difficult time with this and now I feel my emotions slipping away. It has been just over two weeks and I don’t feel very much. I can cry but it’s nothing like it was and I wonder if I am numb. When I think I am in denial, I get out his pictures just to look and kiss him. I do not know what to say when people ask how I am. I feel confused about everything. I just go to work to stay busy and get home to take care of my kids. This is a very strange time in my life and I want to move through this pain, I just don’t know how to get back in touch with my emotions.

    I mourn Andrew and miss him and want to be pregnant with him. I hate seeing pregnant women and I avoid them, if possible. I feel like some kind of innocence was taken from me, like a can’t trust the universe anymore. I want to get pregnant again, but I feel it is best to wait a few more months. Who can say why these things happen? I do not blame myself as much and that is a good step. I tell myself to fight those thoughts with all of my being and to keep my inner voice positive. I hope none of us ever have to endure this again.

    To all the women in this with me, I am so sorry for our losses.

  4. oh wow! i am so happy to have found a website regarding this topic. Since 2007 i have kept quiet about my loss of my son. from 20 weeks we started finding out that my son had some issues, they first thought it was downs syndrome, then they said no he had mild spina bifida that he would have to use a catheta and have mild walking disabilities, these small things i had no issue with and was just happy to have my baby boy still growing strong, it was my first pregnancy and i wasnt going to give up. the next check up they couldnt see his bladder, and so on and so on. i eventually got to my 32 week and went from one hospital and transfered to a next. it turned out my boy had cloacal extrophy a rare condition that happens in 1 in 250 000 births, and the doctor says its down to no folic acid, i had to terminate the pregnancy it was the most heartbreaking thing i have ever gone through, i eventually gave birth via ceaser and was allowed to keep my baby boy in my arms for 2 hours. he looked perfect to me. i know that empty feeling all of you have expressed. you feel those kicks, those movements and then all of the sudden the baby is no longer there, and you’re leaving the hospital empty handed. its an awful loss. but since then i have had a beautiful baby boy and now currently 4 months pregnant with my next. i have taken folic acid every day since my loss in 2007 because i dont ever want to go through that loss again. it was lovely to read all the stories above, because normally you just keep it inside as there’s no one around who fully understands what you’re going through. Good luck to alll you mommy’s, hang in there. it only makes you stronger. and when you do have your baby, you’ll love them with all you have.

  5. September,15,2013.. I lost my baby @20 weeks on September,1 two weeks ago today. I found out I was pregnant in June. I actually had noooooo clue I was pregnant because I had been bleeding since May,11 which was the reason I went to see my doctor. She suggested to check my thyroid and gave me some hormones to stop the bleeding and that we would rule out pregnancy because of the bleeding. On my way out she called me back in and told me my pregnancy test came back positive and to not take any of the medication. I started crying because I was 41 years old and not financially stable as well as my relationship was with my boyfriend. I had a three year old that was going to be four in July and ready for pre-school and potty trained and just wasn’t prepared and also the constant bleeding. I was told some women bleed through their entire pregnancies and go on to have healthy babies. So I decided to accept my gift and eat healthy and take my prenatal med and have another baby maybe it would be a girl this time. I had two episodes of heavy bleeding and clots which led me to the emergency room and thinking I’d miscarried both times, but baby was fine with heart rate of 163. I has a fibroid that I was told had grown 6cm. And was bigger than the baby and my uterus and that was what was causing the bleeding I had blood work done that came back positive for chromosomal abnormality twice, but nuchal ulcblamed on my age. after my second round positive results the second ultrasound was rescheduled from September 13, to the third. At my last prsenatal check up the DR.couldn’t find Heart beat, but she usually had a hard time so she called in another Dr.and he found it and they Said it was 130. I knew that wasn’t right and thought maybe she’s just in a hurry and not paying attention. Ths bleding stopped for two days on my birthday August 20, but started spotting again it then stopped again and I thought it was boyfriend had been in jail since the second time I went to the emergency room and came home August 31, I had some back pain that night, but very mild and couldn’t get comfortable in the bed thinking I just wasn’t used to sleeping in bed with him and he said he thought my stomachs should be bigger and it seemed like it was smaller than it was before to me too. I had been worried since my last check up and was anxious to go to the ultrasound appt on the third and that my boyfriend could go too when I woke up he told me to go to the restroom and I did. I felt a small gush, but didn’t see anything in the toilet, but when I got up something was sticking out and I didn’t know what it was. I tried to pull on it, but couldn’t pull it out. I told my boyfriend and he came in and took or son in the room and put cartoons on for him.then the hard thing proceeded to come out more and he told me to sit back on the toilet and he was calling an aambulance. I cried noooooo and looked down and Saaw my baby’s leg then the other leg then the arms and said oh my God it’s the baby and my boyfriend said come on and I showed him the little feet and and toes and toenails and fingers and hands and fingernails. The baby had come out breech and the head was the only thing not showing the ambulance came and took me to labor and delivery and told my boyfriend I’d be fine. I got in a room and asked for a bed pan to pee and the baby came out. The Dr.said it’s better to come out natural so wait for the placenta to come out on it’s own. After two hours the placenta was sill insides me and I kept looking at my dead child freaked out by the whole thing not wanting anyone to come and see the baby there like that so I told him not to come then they gave me a pill to diallate and out didn’t happen started bleeding uncontrollably and ear hemorrhaging and had to go in for an emergency D&C. I was so scared I was going to die after you have normal pregnancies and everything is alright you don’tthink the horrible outcomes I ended up having a blood transfusion and plasma is lost two liters of blood and my baby and almost my own life.everyone I told about the ordeal says I should have known better and at out age we can’t have kids anymore and if I hey pregnant again I should abort out and should have done so in the place, but that was my baby and I loved it and would have welcomed it with open arms how come people re so opinionated when they don’t have to deal with what I went throughh or was willing to go through.. I’ve been pregnant six times and have three boys I had one abortion and two miscarriages one at seven weeks and one at twenty weeks I miss all three Inever forgave myself for the abortion and said I’d never do that again. I have no support and feel like I’m wrong for wanting another baby and don’t think my boyfriend will give me another one I’m so upset that this May be my last experience at being pregnant and having another child. It seems like this only happens to me but I feel sorry for everyone who has gone through

  6. I woke covered in fresh blood the day before my 12 week scan and immediately went to hospital. I was taken to a ward with my husband and a scan showed the baby was fine – kicking away with its little heart beating – they were unable to detect where the bleeding had come from and sent me home following some swabs. The next day I woke in pain and heavy bleeding and large clots again I attended A and E and after passing out was taken to a ward – large clots and tissue was falling away from me and i knew the baby was no longer alive ( a scan later confirmed this). The pain was excrutiating as the baby was stuck in my cervix and was pulled out by a doctor.
    I know this may never be read but it really helps typing out what happened. I am begining to accept what has happened now but am scared I will never enjoy pregnancy – most people say you can relax after 12 weeks but can you? really?
    RIP my angel xxx

  7. I woke covered in fresh blood the day before my 12 week scan and immediately went to hospital. I was taken to a ward with my husband and a scan showed the baby was fine – kicking away with its little heart beating – they were unable to detect where the bleeding had come from and sent me home following some swabs. The next day I woke in pain and heavy bleeding and large clots again I attended A and E and after passing out was taken to a ward – large clots and tissue was falling away from me and i knew the baby was no longer alive ( a scan later confirmed this). The pain was excrutiating as the baby was stuck in my cervix and was pulled out by a doctor.
    I know this may never be read but it really helps typing out what happened. I am begining to accept what has happened now but am scared I will never enjoy pregnancy – most people say you can relax after 12 weeks but can you? really?
    RIP my angel xxx

  8. My name is Sarah. I know my story doesn’t fit in this category, but my first baby, Colten William Allen, was stillborn. My whole pregnancy went well until a few days before I hit 36 weeks. I started having bad pain which I guess was contractions for about 4 days. I went for my regular checkup on January 8th 2013 and I had told my doctor that I had been having contractions for about 4 days. He told me that Colten had stopped growing and my blood pressure was high but his heartbeat was strong, and told me to go to hospital if I had more than 5 contractions in one hour to go to the hospital. He didn’t bother to check me. I woke up about 9 or 10 am on January 10th 2013 to having a contraction as I was sitting up in bed bearing down the contraction a little bit of fluid rolled out of me. I hurriedly told my fiancé to call the hospital and tell them what had happened. He told me they said to come in. So we went to hospital got admitted and they did an ultrasound. To mine and Dustin’s surprise they couldn’t find a heartbeat. But they hadn’t told us right away they sent the doctor in and he flat out said, “Your Baby Is Dead.” I was completely shocked. So I had to stay in hospital to be induced. And then come to find out when I got to hospital I was already 4 or 5 cm dilated and 100% effaced. I delivered my beautiful baby boy at 5:59pm on January 10th 2013. He weighed 4lbs and 1.6oz and was 17 1/2 in. long. Now I am 20 weeks pregnant with my second baby and am hoping and praying that this one is going to healthy as a horse. I find out what I’m having December 26th 2013. Thanks for reading. 🙂

  9. I have had 4 losses (1 with twins) all in the second trimester.

    Twin boys at 18 WK 4 days may 21, 2009
    A son at 15wks 5 days may 19, 2011
    A daughter at 17wks 3days July 28, 2012
    A son at 18wks 1 day July 24, 2013

    I am so sorry to anyone who has gone through the loss of a child. It is the most heartbreaking thing any parent can go through.

  10. I have had 4 lost. 3 in my second trimester… 16 weeks 17 weeks 11 weeks 22 weeks. im writing to say dont give up. As scary as it is u never know.what god has planed for u. Each time i got pregnant of course i was afraid something will happen…and tried my best to try to relax. I have in incompetent cervix.reason to my losts. I ended up pregnant agan for the 5 time. In and out of the er. Hospitalized for 10 weeks. 2 cervical cerclages and progesterone weekly. I gave birth to a healthy baby boy at 36 weeks. Induced.. Im now a proud mother of a 2 year old born 2/29/2012 abd expecting another child as im 12 weeks along. Still scared worried and nervous to attach myself to the my.pregnancy… As i were with my son… But there is hope.. And i pray to god everyone of u find peace and happiness and may god bless u one day with a child to love and watch grow. With all my heart i really do understand and hope one day god answers all of ur prayers and dreams….

  11. I lost my first pregnancy at 24 weeks. We had found out at the 5 month scan that there was very little fluid in my uterus, and the physician who was doing the ultrasound (I was sent, like everyone else in my doctor’s practice, to the hospital for the ‘big scan’) started encouraging us to abort.

    I was terrified, as we were recently married, first time pregnant, and this was the first we had heard that there was any problem with the pregnancy.

    As the next month went by I was monitored like a hawk, and had second opinions, but in the end the decision was to terminate. Fortunately, at 24 weeks, right before the termination was to happen, we discovered via ultrasound that the fetus had aborted itself.

    I was induced the next night and had a vaginal delivery. They wanted the fetus to come out perfectly for autopsy purposes. I never wanted to see the baby because it scared me too much. She was buried in a cemetery in the same spot as other little babies like her.

    Then I had two beautiful, healthy children in a span of one and a half years.

    Fast forward 16 months later, and I just had my second second trimester loss. At 16 weeks we found that there was no heartbeat, and I delivered naturally in the er the following week.

    Sigh .

    It’s so hard. They don’t know what happened, tests have been inconclusive. All I know is that my life is full right now between my family, my job, and all of the other things that make life busy.

    I want to become pregnant right away, and it’s like torture waiting for it to happen, but I know that at the right time it will.

    Until then, I’ll count my blessings and hope for the best. This is all in The Plan that has been destined for me, and it meant to make myself the best that I can be.

    I just wish the process wasn’t so difficult…

  12. i had two miscarriages in second trimester…first one september 2007 @20 wweeks second march 2008 @16 weeks due to a incompitent cervix i still cry even tho i have a beautiful girl who was born in 2010 @38weeks…i married young at 16 due to religious views ciz i was preggo with the first…a week before i gave birth to her i started havin labour pains i was youn ddnt think anything of it so the next week i started bleeding they done a u/s she was stil alive when she was born but stopped breatcing after they cut the cord…i got preggo with the second on my period same happend bleeding but the nightbefore tht me and DH argued the nxt morning i bled went in to hospital told me the membranes is bulging and im gon a lose the baby also a girl…done alot of tests so they put it down to incompitent cervix year n half after i was pregnant again with alot af fear goin tru me i had weekly cgeck ups had u/s done via vagina to check cervix ddnt hv complications with the third pregnancy…but my period is two days late…BTW me nd DH divorced last year am engaged to a wonderful im hoping im preggo agen as my child is 4years nw and im 24

  13. We got pregnant easily with our third child and I was so excited to have a healthy baby this time around after my second daughter was born with a serious but treatable heart defect which made her entire first year very difficult.
    My pregnancy was progressing normally and an 18 week ultrasound showed that we were having out third and very healthy little girl. I had an appointment the next week, but my Dr forgot to check for the heartbeat and I, being in a rush to get my daughter to therapy, didn’t say anything. 4 weeks later I went to my next appointment. I had noticed that I hadn’t gained any weight and I wasn’t yet feeling movement but wasn’t concerned because I had an anterior placenta and figured I just was doing well with eating healthy.

    Unfortunately that was not the case. My daughter had passed at 19 weeks. A fluke, they thought. We named her Jenni. That was in February.

    We got pregnant again immediately, hopeful that we would have a baby still by the end of the year. This time I had some bleeding issues. Scary, but baby seemed to be growing well despite of that. At a 16 week appointment my Dr couldn’t find the heartbeat with the Doppler. An ultrasound revealed that that baby too had passed, this time at 16 weeks. We named her Hannah.

    This time we planned on getting the whole battery of RPL testing done before we tried again, but were surprised to discover we were 4 weeks pregnant at my 6 week check up. oops
    Drs couldn’t complete the testing but our best guess was that I had some kind of undiagnosed clotting disorder. I went on Baby aspirin and lovenox, very hopeful that we would soon have our rainbow. Our baby, a little boy this time was growing great, but I started having constant bleeding issues. I was taken off the Lovenox to try to control the bleeding but that didn’t help. at 16 weeks we realized that our baby’s growth and movement was slowing. At not quite 17 weeks we discovered that what they thought was part of the placenta was actually a humongous bleed, 12 cm long and along with the smaller bleed we were monitoring, bigger than 70% of the sac.

    I was sent home on bed rest, but that night I couldn’t find the heartbeat on my home Doppler. When I couldn’t find it the next morning, I called my Dr. My little guy had passed the evening after my ultrasound, at almost 17 weeks. I will be delivering him tomorrow. 🙁

    So, I have now lost 3 babies in 2014, all in the second trimester. I am looking forward to a year NOT thinking about or trying for a baby. We have lots more testing to do I am praying that we will figure out why I suddenly cant carry my babies anymore and that it will be something treatable.

  14. Well… First let me say hi to all mommies on here. I am one of those mommies who thought that you choose when to get pregnant, get pregnant and then deliver a healthy baby. Well, I was one of those mommies, until I had the blindfold ripped off and realized what it was to lose a child.
    My first pregnancy was “textbook” as all doctors would tell us. I felt amazing, glowing and all things depicted in movies. I went on to deliver my beautiful daughter who is my entire life. My second pregnancy started off the same way. The only difference I suppose was the nerves. I felt something was different and I was even scared. No reason, but I was. This pregnancy was SO different from my first. Insane cravings, feeling movement early, etc. it was only a matter of time before the dr confirmed our biggest joy… Number 2 was a boy! We were over the moon! I was making my way through the pregnancy with no problems… Until my 14 week appointment. I went in, confirmed everything was “textbook” and went on my merry way. The next day, I saw the first spot of blood. I thought nothing as I just had my exam and this was normal. But… More spotting came and I made the apppointment. The next day, I met a dr who did another exam and told me my little guy was moving and grooving.. But there was something “concerning” and it was my cervix. I measured 1.6 and I wasn’t supposed to measure that. Having a normal pregnancy with our first, I had no idea about cervix length, and he proceeded to tell me that it was “abnormal” and that he was “concerned”. At this point, he NEVER said we’d lose our son, only to stay on bed rest. The next day, 11/21/14, I was resting and feeling our boy move and groove only.. Somehow it was different. Around 5pm pain came in intense waves (now know they we’re contractions) I called the dr and was told that nothing could be done and just to remain home. Exactly one hour later, I felt a gush and ran to the bathroom and to my horror, delivered my LIVE son into the toilet. I started screaming hysterically to save him and my husband ran in and started screaming. Our 2 yr old started crying and I yelled at my hubby to get her out of the house and to our neighbors so she didn’t see anything. I wailed. Wailing is something only mothers do. When my hubby came back I was on the phone with the dr office and told them what was happening. At 15 weeks, I saw my son and he was still attached to me by umbilical cord. The nurse told me to “stay for several hours until the entire birth has passed” and advised us not to seek medical attention. My amazing husband stepped up and thankfully dialed 911. Shortly after he did, I lost consciousness and passed out cold. I woke up to EMTs in my house and was carted off in an ambulance to the ER. After several hours, I returned home to our son who had since passed and had to take his remains to a funeral home for cremation. Going from a normal 14 week appointment to losing our son in such a violent way 2 days later had been unreal. The grief of celebrating a boy to seeing this helpless, perfect baby attached to my umbilical cord unable to survive was impossible. It has been roughly 3 months. I’m in grief counseling with a great group and healing every day. I miss my son all the time and know he is with God. I have no ideas as to why. That is part often grief and part of my faith. I pray for leave for all if our little ones and pray that they are comforted above. I pray for all of you mommies that you know grace, peace and patience during this time. I am so so grateful for my baby boy and my 2nd child. To not be able to hold him properly or sing him lullabys is painful, but I am grateful for who he was with our 15 weeks together and knowing that he was loved fiercely during that time. Thanks for reading my cathartic story and sharing your grief with me. May we all find peace and be blessed in unexpected ways.

    Kate, mother to 2 children, 1 daughter and 1 angel

  15. I have just gone threw a lose I became pregnet with my 4 the child and adomaticaly developed and felt pregnancy life 🙂 but around 9 to 15 weeks felt like my belly had gone and I was imagining all the signs my blood test came back positive I was confused I have had children I don’t even feel pregnet but at the start look like I was having twins I didn’t understand it been 4 years since my last since then I have developed a illness golden staph so I knew it could be risky I hde a bad feeling and I had been busy I booked a ultersoumd at 15 weeks after having a foot operation having my nomal treatment for my stph 3 lil ones under 8 and gastro and the flue all in the last 6 weeks I had a bad feeling I got to the ultersoumd a full big baby 15 weeks good size no sac around it no cord no heart beat . I understand and know this yhubgs happing I just don’t understand the baby must of had all these things from the start to get this fare were do they all go …… I have never been threw this so now my Dr gave me a letter to just go emergency department and get put in as a patient and have surgery 🙁 I don’t know what to think feel do am sorry I prob sound silly am 27 and don’t really know what what kinda Lost a little

    I”d take a bow and look in the mirror and be proud of all of you women who have shared ur story amazing women to go threw what u have and still be so strong well done.

  16. It was 4 years ago. I had the worst pregnancy, couldn’t keep anything down and very tired, I found out I was pregnant in November I was 7 weeks in December, I was seeing these doctors and I hated them so I switched to a new doctor it was March 10th I went in heard the babies heartbeat I was 21 weeks at the time, I went home after the appointment and I just started feeling the baby move, it was alot that day, later that night my boyfriend, now fiance and I went out to clothing stores, I was getting big at that time, I felt like I had to poo, so I went to the bathroom and noticed a little spotting, I thought nothing of it, we came home and the cramps were unbearable so I ran to the bathroom to go again and this time the pressure was coming from the front, I stuck my fingers up there and felt something and I called the Dr he said get to the e.r immediately, on the ride there I was crying because it hurt so bad, when I got there, they tried to stick the instrument like they use for a pap smear and yelled we need her up in maternity now! I said what’s wrong what’s happening, they said you are having a miscarriage, you are in labor. Never did they check for a heart beat, I got rushed up to the 4th floor and another nurse checked me and said the doctor will be in to break my water, I was in labor for 5 hours and not once did they try to save my baby, they just let me go through natural birth with no hope that my baby would be OK. I delivered the baby about 3 in the morning and the nurse asked me if I found out the sex I said no, she said it’s a boy, and just walked away, she came back with him and said he was 12 oz. And that the cord was around his neck when he came out, but it was no ones fault. I still to this day dont know why they never checked for a heartbeat or even did an ultrasound.

  17. I just lost my baby boy at 20 weeks.. I had the contraction pain n I thought is was a normal round ligament pain.. After a while, I had bleeding n I rushed to the hospital.. My Dr scan and told me that the cervix already open 1.49cm and nothing much can do, he gave me medicine to stop the pain but unfortunately the pain dint stop.. Finally they check my baby n there is no heartbeat n I was induced to deliver my baby boy.. I don’t see my baby because I really can’t see him in that condition.. Dr told me this could happen due to cervical incompetency.. But I don’t know why God took my son.. I really can’t go through this.. This is my second pregnancy, the 1st I had miscarriage also, but at 6 weeks, so I dint feel this sad, but now it’s already half way, n I thought I will have a healthy baby soon.. I’m devastating here.. My husband also heart broken..

  18. I recently had a miscarriage last month, I was 14 weeks pregnant it started with light cramps followed by spotting and then heavy bleeding I went to the hospital and had a scan that’s when I noticed the baby heart wasn’t beating any more a piece of me died at that moment, so I was sent home because I wasn’t in my 2nd trimester so ob would not see me, I was a day shy of 15 weeks, the doctor said I would pass the baby on my own, I was furious I couldn’t believe they send people home to pass a baby on there own, the pain was unbearable water gushed and then the baby came, I was home on the toilet in shock I couldn’t believe I had to go through that, it’s already hard dealing with the lost of your baby but then they send you home to have your baby on your own, talk about having bad nerves, it’s gotta be a better process when a miscarriage is determined. But I must say this is a great place to get it off my chest because people can’t relate unless they have been through the same and instead of the people closest to me making me feel like I should talk about what I’m feeling I felt more like I had to grieve to myself behind closed doors when I was alone, I wouldn’t wish this on anyone I’ve
    Since pulled myself together and came to the conclusion God knows what’s best for me and I trust in him.

  19. I am 20 weeks shy of one day to be 21 weeks. I went in for my anotomy scan which I did a blood test and already know I’m having a boy. He has been perfect and healthy me and him. I went in this morning and was told after about 5 minutes of the ultra sound there’s no heart beat. My baby is dead. They didn’t even go in for a second look or anything just said nope sorry he’s gone. I went home and lost it. My husband lost it my family was just devastated. Well I kept feeling movement and him doing his normal thing of poking his booty out and small kicks here and there. I drank a cup of coffee and some fruit and I started feeling things. My PA is my mothers best friend and neighbor so she snuck her doppler home and brought it over tonight and we picked up my heart beat at 85-90 and then found another ranging from 130-213 kept fluctuating between 150-190 for a good 30 seconds. We would lose it then re find it again. It’s always on different sides and generally by my belly button or under my belly button. If he is really gone why is the Doppler picking up movement and turning and a heart beat. I even took a video of the heart beat that was not mine mine was a lot slower. I do know they had 3 cases like this where it was a false reading and the baby really was not gone. Their machines were not correct. Has this ever happened to anyone else. I’m laying here in bed just praying and sobbing to God please give me a miracle give me some hope and peace of mind that maybe somehow they were wrong and my Elijah is okay. I’m not bleeding I’m not cramping I feel like I normally do everyday. I go back tomorrow for another ultra sound by my moms friend because even she swears she heard him and heard a lot of movement. I need advice, help something that will make me feel better. I feel so scared and lost and idk what to do. The doctor even said by looking at my ultra sound how perfectly healthy he is and perfect size and the ultra sound was just perfect he was covering his face with his arm. His head measured perfect the only thing they could even think happened was just recently as in this morning he was wrapped around the cord. I just don’t understand why I’m feeling movement and a doppler is picking up all this.

  20. I lost my baby girl on 13th on November 2016. Am a mother of two boy. Since then my life ve never been the same. I cried everyday, i pray to give me peace of mind. It started on 20th October, i came back from school and cooked,after cooking , i feel something coming down my pants nd down my legs, it ws blood. I bleed till my baby died inside my womb. I ws induced and she came out, i saw her hair nd back. The next day we buried her at the cemetery. She was almost 7months bt didn’t make it. Oh! My little angel, will i ever feel complete with the thoughts of how i lose you?Oh God pls help me.

  21. Almost 2 weeks after my birthday I kept having crazy dreams. So i took a pt and it came back positive, waking my boyfriend up at 4am with the excitement. I felt like everything was coming together our family. Then at 9 weeks i started bleeding. The doctor said it could be implantation. It did stop. Then again i was bleeding at 13 weeks. My ob doctor said it could be due to the placenta wrapping over. Then on Easter we went to dinner. Came back and i had to use the bathroom. After i went i felt weird so my bf knocked on the door asked if i was okay. I choked no. He came in and wanted to know what was going on. I felt something like a sac when i stood up. I literally held it in my hand screaming i think its the baby. So he had me sit. Then a bunch of liquid came out mind you im 17 weeks a week from finding out the gender this was our forst pregnancy. So we called an on call nurse but then i screamed. Blood was pouring out. Rushed to the er and the baby still had a heartbeat and was moving around. So they checked to see if my water broke they came back a few hours later to break the news of my water breaking. I was then sent home to let nature take its course. 3 days later i woke up at midnight with a terrible headache and a 102 fever. Rushed to the er that was a sign of infection starting. They did a sono and told us our baby had died. The heartache i felt was like nothing before. They put tablets inside to soften my cervix because my cervix was tightly closed. A few minutes later i couldn’t breathe. The doctors put me on a respirator trying to figure out why someone my age 22 would have this problem as im in excruciating pain. After having a few ct scans and a ekg done i told my bf the baby was coming. He ran to get the nurse. I had to push a few times and that was it. After our baby came out they rushed my to the icu and it took almost a week to get better physically. They said i had a septic miscarriage. I get so jealous seeing other pregnant people. My baby was perfectly healthy and without a reason it was taken from me. My due date is next month and ive become more and more emotional as the day gets closer.

  22. My husband has weak sperm & I has endrometriosis. We had been trying for two years but no avail.

    In Jan 2018, we seek for specialist do to IVF. The specialist suggested us to try naturally for another six months before the procedure.

    March, I found that I was pregnanted with MCDA twin on my birthday. We were overjoyed with the news.

    The joy was not long.
    June, 17 weeks, I had bleeding in the office. Rushing to the A&E department but waited for 6 hrs until there was a doctor entertained me. He did nothing. Luckily the bleeding stop by itself. Admitted into ward. The doctor said I had low lying placenta. Nobody told us before even we visited the specialist every two weeks.

    June, 18 weeks, my babies were diagnosed with TTTS stage 2. Doctor referred me to another hospital.

    The next day, I was undergo laser procedure. Having pain & cramp around my uterus area. Doctors claimed it is normal.

    Second day after procedure, having serious bleeding. Nurse forgot to key in detail & lied to doctor just little bleeding. Contraction, pain & bleeding continue toward the day. Doctor incharged insisted his surgery was prefect & suspected I was lying I felt pain.

    Third day, baby heartbeat started to slow down till very hard to detect. Doctor claimed it is normal. Again, refused to do anything.

    Forth day, baby no more heartbeat. Contraction, pain & bleeding still continue. Doctor still refused to do anything, instead he told other nurses & young doctors that I felt those sym due to cannot accept the fact my babies had TTTS & the lost of baby.

    Fifth day, I scare I will lost another one as well. Pray hard to the God for miracle to happen.

    Sixth day, no mirracle happen. Confirm dead. I had to carry the dead till another one dead/born. I left the hospital with great dissapointment.

    I had been cried for days for not be able to do something to save them. I blame myself for being useless. A painful lesson to learn when the babies lives were under an ego doctor.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *